Vision of Study Program
To be an excellent institution of master education in Indonesia and able to compete at international level in the field of epidemiology and to be international reference in the field of epidemiology in 2020
Mission of Study Program
- To continuously enhance quality of graduates of Master of Epidemiology Study Program in accordance with international standard
- To continuously conduct international research in the field of epidemiology
- To conduct community services through implementation of epidemiologic methods and science to increase public health level
- To maintain accreditation status achievement by national accreditation institution
- To elevate international cooperation of accreditation status achievement by accreditation institution and international ranking
Aims of Study Program
- To produce masters of epidemiology that have competencies as follows:
- Capability of developing epidemiology, in the field of science and professional practices of epidemiology through research, so it may produce innovative and qualified works.
- Capability of solving sains and technology problems for any health-related incidence through inter- or multidisciplinary approach.
- Capability of managing useful research and development for community and epidemiology science, as well as capability of achieving national and international recognitions.
- To encourage epidemiology research by:
- Increasing the number of research grant and quality of research results
- Research resulted are presented in national and international conference/seminar
- Research resulted are published in national and international journals that have reputation and or obtain intellectual property rights. Establishment of strategic cooperation in the field of education and research with domestic and international institutions and authorities.
- To encourage community service activities in the field of epidemiology through:
- Realization of recommendations based on results of epidemiology research and programs that solve health problems by using surveillance methods and other principles of epidemiology
- Realization of expertise in the field of epidemiology
- To encourage the establishment of cooperation in the field of epidemiology through:
The establishment of strategic cooperations to enhance public health level with national institutions, corporates and government as well as international authorities through implementation and methods of epidemiology science.
General Competencies of Master of Epidemiology
- Capability of developing epidemiology (including principles, methods and application) in the fields of epidemiology science and professional practice through research, so producing innovative and qualified works
- Capability of solving sains and health problems through inter- and multidisciplinary approach
- Capability of managing useful research and development for community and epidemiology science to get national and international recognitions
Number of Credits
Structure of courses at Master of Epidemiology Study Program consists of:
|Faculty Core Courses:||8 Credits|
|Study Program Core Courses:||12 Credits|
|Final Task:||8 Credits|
|Specialization Core Courses:||15 Credits|