Program of Master of Public Health Universitas Indonesia (PMPHUI) was established in July 1st 1965. The general objective of PMPHUI is to award the MPH degree to individuals who have acquired a particular depth of knowledge and functional skills in the five core areas (biostatistics, epidemiology, health policy and management, education/behavioral sciences, and environmental health).
This general objective is formulated based on the vision and mission of the PMPHUI, the FPHas well as the Universitas Indonesia (UI). The statement of vision and mission of PMPHUI is shown below.
Vision To be a leading master program of public health science that contributes actively in public health problem solving at a global level through education, research and community engagement in 2015.
- To develop and provide master program in public health, which is in line with the domestic, regional or international market, in various majoring that could be appropriate with community needs and development of public health science and technology.
- To produce graduates having high competence in public health professional, manager or administrator, researcher, academic staff, or specified consultant in public health science at the national and international level.
- To support and facilitate students in conducting research and writing publication in regard to produce innovative work and tested for public health problem solving.
The general competency of Master of Public Health in FPHUI is to have adequate knowledge and skills in public health in regard to be able to analyze and consider solutions to public health problems at the community, institutional and societal level. The curriculum of this master program in FPHUI covers five core of disciplines of public health, namely Biostatistics, Epidemiology, Environmental Sciences, Health Policy & Management, and Social and Behavioral Sciences. The competencies of Master of Public Health in FPHUI are:
- To apply statistical reasoning and methods in addressing, analyzing and solving problems in public health and health care, biomedical, and population based research
- To analyze patterns of disease, injury, and related risk factors in term person, time and place that used the control public health problems
- To apply the principles of planning, financing, delivery, evaluation of health care services and public health system
- To assess environmental factors including biological, physical, chemical, and social that affect the public health status
- To assess the impact of behavioral and social factors related to health individual and population health that are used to develop and evaluation health programs
To achieve the student competency at the end of study time, PMPHUI designs a curriculum that could be completed in four semesters or two years and the study load are 44 credits minimally. The degree awarded is MKM (Magister Kesehatan Masyarakat) or Master of Public Health (MPH).
Table 1. Curriculum
|Faculty compulsory courses Intermediate Public Health Intermediate Biostatistics Intermediate Epidemiology||2 3 3|
|Study program compulsory courses Leadership & System Thinking Qualitative Research Methods Quantitative Research Methods Data Management & Advanced Analysis Scientific Writing||2 2 2 2 2|
|Final Project: Seminar Theses||2 8|