The Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) Undergraduate Program, Faculty of Public Health Universitas Indonesia (FKMUI) is the first OHS undergraduate program at a state university in Indonesia. The FKMUI OHS Undergraduate Program is the development of OHS specialization in the Public Health Undergraduate Program. The demand from graduate users to generate OHS graduates with more specific OHS competencies encouraged the OHS Department to develop an OHS undergraduate program. The curriculum of the OHS Undergraduate Program is prepared by referring to various elements, which include government policies, professional organizations in the OHS sector (oil and gas, mining, construction, manufacturing, and so forth), the OHS undergraduate program curriculum from reputable overseas universities (none of OHS undergraduate program in Indonesia), vision and mission of the university and the faculty, and other stakeholders such as students, lecturers, alumni and users. The admission of the first batch of OHS undergraduate students was taken in 2015.
Vision of Occupational Health and Safety Undergraduate Program
Supporting the achievement of FKM UI’s vision by becoming an excellent undergraduate education program to meet the needs of the community, and becoming an academic reference in the field of Occupational Safety and Health (K3) both at the national and Southeast Asean levels.
Mission of Occupational Health and Safety Undergraduate Program
- To establish and maintan an OHS undergraduate program that is qualified, inclusive, and fair.
- To conduct educational, research, and community service activities in the field of OHS, prioritizing quality and competitiveness in the National and Southeast Asian level with a conducive academic climate.
- To produce graduates who have good knowledge, skills and attitudes towards OHS and are competitive at both the national and Southeast Asian level, who are also virtuous and professional in accordance with the ethics of the OHS profession.
Objectives of the Study Program
- Provision of high-quality, broad-reaching and fair educational access to the OHS undergraduate program
- Production of graduates who are competent, competitive at the national level and Southeast Asia and have entrepreneurial comprehension
- Improvement of the quantity and quality of researchers available to address OHS problems in society
- Application of OHS knowledge and skills to meet community needs.
Profile of Graduates
Graduates of the Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) Undergraduate Program are able to manage OHS risks through the application of OHS skills and knowledge in collaboration with stakeholders, ethically and professionally.
Based on the analysis of needs, policies, benchmarks with other universities in the same study program and professional organizations, the formulation of OHS undergraduate learning outcomes is as follows:
LO 1. Able to analyze concepts of OHS science to cope with OHS issues
LO 2. Able to apply OHS risk management methods according to the situation at hand
LO 3. Able to provide considerations based on analysis of OHS information and data, and provide guidance in selecting various alternative solutions to resolve OHS issues in accordance with their authority and responsibility.
LO 4. Able to implement effective communication by using various media to communicate their work results to the public and the first-level public health service stakeholders
LO 5. Able to guarantee individual integrity and take responsibility in a professional manner on their work to achieve organizational goals
LO 6. Able to manage/lead and have systems thinking
Relationship of Courses in the FKMUI Occupational Health and Safety Undergraduate Program
Occupational Health and Safety Undergraduate Program Course Structure
The following is the breakdown of OHS Undergraduate Program courses
MPK: Personality Development Courses
Program Curriculum Development Stages