Head of the Study Program : DR. Dra. Rita Damayanti, MSPH.
Secretary of the Study Program : DR. Pujiyanto, SKM., M.Kes.
The Faculty of Public Health Universitas Indonesia (FKMUI) was established on July 1, 1965 which began with the operation of a Graduate Program in Public Health with the student intake from undergraduates (doctors, dentists, pharmacists, and undergraduates in other fields). The Public Health Undergraduate Program (SKM) started in 1982 for extension class with the student intake from graduates of academy / Diploma III in health and in 1989 for regular class with the student intake from high school students. Previously, in 1988, FKMUI also initiated the first Public Health Doctoral Program in Indonesia. Since 2019, the Doctoral Program has opened a research path in addition to the regular pathway for eligible students.
Vision, Mission and Objective of the Study Program
Vision of Public Health Doctoral Program:
To be a Public Health Doctoral Program with an excellent reputation in the field of education and research in Southeast Asia and which contributes to health development to improve the welfare degree of the Indonesian people.
Mission of Public Health Doctoral Program:
- Implementing a quality education and teaching at the doctoral degree in Public Health and student-centered learning to get leaders who have self-integrity with broad knowledge, are professional and socially sensitive.
- Facilitating innovative, effective, and recognized publications in the field of public health at the Southeast Asian level.
- Facilitating research that can provide some data-based recommendations and new breakthroughs to cope with health issues at the national level to achieve an increase in the degree of public health.
Objective of the Study Program:
To generate doctors of public health who are excellent in science and technology in solving public health issues by prioritizing principles of equity, community empowerment and sustainability, both at the national and global levels.
Profile of Graduates:
- Doctors of public health that can be leaders and can produce innovative research through an interdisciplinary, multidisciplinary and transdisciplinary approaches to provide data-based policy recommendations and being accountable in scientific forums to address public health issues, both at the national and Southeast Asian levels.
Competencies of Graduates:
Referring to the National Higher Education Standards, the Public Health Doctoral Program at FKMUI is directed to have the following competencies:
- Conducting studies and analyzes of public health issues
- Understanding basic public health sciences
- Ability to plan and develop policies to address public health issues
- Ability to perform academic communications related to their duties as a doctor of public health
- Ability to understand local culture as a provision in appreciating the community’s local wisdom in resolving health issues
- Ability to carry out community empowerment in solving health issues
- Ability to plan and manage resources in addressing public health issues
- Ability to lead the health team and have systems thinking in dealing with public health issues
Structure of Curriculum
To achieve the formulated vision, mission and competencies, a curriculum pattern / structure is drawn up, which is divided into subject groups as follows:
The Curriculum Structure of Public Health Doctoral Program
|Structure||Course and Research Path||Research Path|
|Faculty Compulsory Courses||2 Credits|
|Study Program Compulsory Courses||15 Credits||8 Credits|
|Dissertation Final Project||27 Credits||36 Credits|
|Total||44 Credits||44 Credits|
The study period is designed to pass 6 (six) semesters, with a maximum study period of 10 semesters, where in the fourth semester students are required to take a proposal exam with the consequence of drop out for those who cannot complete it.