The Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) Graduate Program, Faculty of Public Health Universitas Indonesia (FKMUI) is a pioneer of postgraduate in Occupational Health and Safety education in Indonesia. The Program was developed in 1996 and then obtained an operational permit according to the Decree of the Director General of Higher Education No.428 / DIKTI / Kep / 1998. Furthermore, on February 7, 2000 it was managed by the FKMUI Department of OHS in accordance with the Decree of UI Rector No: 018 / SK / R / UI / 2000. Currently, the FKMUI OHS Graduate Program has an Accreditation A from the Indonesian Accreditation Agency for Higher Education in Health / LAM PT KES (January 29, 2019 – January 29, 2024).
Vision, Mission and Objectives of the Program
The vision of the FKMUI OHS Graduate Program is “To realize quality and excellent OHS Graduate Program education in the development of OHS science and technology so as to get widely known at the national, regional and international levels in the field of OHS that is supported by quantity and good quality of the resources.”
Mission of the FKMUI OHS Graduate Program:
- Organizing academic activities including education and teaching to generate graduates who are with quality, reliable and able to develop the OHS science and technology in facing OHS challenges in industry, the government and the community.
- Making the OHS Graduate Program a reference in the implementation of the OHS master education program in Indonesia.
- Making the OHS Graduate Program a center for development and model of OHS science and technology at the forefront at the national, regional and international levels through quality education activities.
Objectives of the FKMUI OHS Graduate Program:
- To create graduates who have analytical acumen and independent thinking in understanding OHS from academic and practical views such as in its development and management in company and in the public life.
- To create graduates who are able to think with a systems framework to integrate OHS management system into company management system and the public life system.
- Creating graduates who are able to develop an OHS discourse in every aspect of activities in company and the public life.
Profile of Graduates
- Able to develop concepts of OHS science and technology in industry, the government and community.
- Able to formulate current OHS issues in industry, the government and community.
- Able to recommend some alternative solutions to OHS problems that are contextual, comprehensive and applicable in industry, the government and community.
- Able to manage the implementation of OHS programs by a multidimensional approach in industry, the government and community.
Head of the OHS Graduate Program : Dr. dr. Zulkifli Djunaidi, M.App.Sc.
Secretary of the OHS Graduate Program : Dr. Dadan Erwandi, S.Psi., M.Si.