Head: Dr. Zakianis, SKM, M.KM
Location: Building B 1st Floor, the Faculty of Public Health Universitas Indonesia (FKMUI), Depok
Phone: (+6221) 7864975 / 7864979
About the Program
The Public Health Undergraduate Program is one of study programs at the Faculty of Public Health Universitas Indonesia (FKMUI) that is the oldest faculty of public health in Indonesia. The existing Program aims to generate graduates with competencies and ability to identify and resolve public health issues, implement public health interventions and a lifelong learning.
The Public Health Undergraduate Program graduates receive the education that capacitates them to do analysis and assessment, understand basic public health sciences, plan and develop policy (policy development and program planning), take effective communications, plan and manage funding sources (financial planning and management/ resource), identify socio-cultural determinants (cultural competency/local wisdom), empower community (community dimensions of practice), also lead and have a systems thinking (leadership and systems thinking/total system).
The Public Health Undergraduate Program has 7 specializations: Health Insurance Management, Health Administration and Policy, Biostatistics, Health Information Management, Epidemiology, Health Promotion and Reproductive Health.
The Public Health Undergraduate Program is opened only for Regular-class undergraduate education program with an entry quota of 50% from the invitation track (SNMPTN) and 50% from the written exam track (SBMPTN and SIMAK-UI).
The Study Program and Specializations
The Public Health Undergraduate Program has 7 specializations consisting of:
- Health Insurance Management Specialization;
- Health Administration and Policy Specialization;
- Biostatistics Specialization;
- Epidemiology Specialization;
- Health Informatics Management Specialization;
- Health Promotion Specialization; and
- Reproductive Health Specialization.
The UI Public Health Undergraduate Program is organized by FKMUI. FKMUI was officially established on July 1, 1965 based on the Decree of the Minister of Higher Education and Science Number 153 of 1965. FKMUI is the thirteenth faculty at UI. The FKMUI establishment in 1965 was grounded on a desire to educate and generate personnel in the public health sector to elevate the public health status and be able to cope with public health issues in Indonesia.
Based on the agreement between the Public Health Undergraduate Program and professional organizations, the goal of establishing the Program is to generate undergraduates that hold an identity and competency characteristics in accordance with the development of public health science and technology and are able to support health development programs in Indonesia through public health policies.
Vision, Mission and Objectives of the Program
To be an excellent study program in generating Bachelor of Public Health that is able to play an active role in solving public health problems at the global level, especially in the Southeast Asia, through the process of education, research and community engagement.
- Developing and implementing public health education program effectively and efficiently
- Supporting students to play an active role in carrying out public health research and community engagement
- Using the results of research and community engagement activities for the curriculum development
- Generating graduates with competencies and ability to identify and resolve health issues, implementing public health interventions and a lifelong learning.
Objectives of the Program
In running the study program activities, the educational objectives of the Public Health Undergraduate Program are as follows:
- To generate high-quality graduates in public health who are needed by the community, industry, and meet professional needs and scientific needs..
- To generate graduates that have:
- Ability to plan and manage funding sources;
- Ability to plan and develop policies;
- Ability to conduct studies and analysis in the health sector;
- Ability to implement community empowerment;
- Ability to communicate effectively;
- Ability to lead and have a systems thinking;
- Ability to understand the basic public health science;
- Ability to identify socio-cultural determinants.
- To produce research and community engagement which contribute to the advancement of public health science.
- To strive for the relevance of the curriculum and improve the quality of the public health learning process.
- To generate graduates that are able to face global changes by mastering the public health expertise grounded on creativity, innovation, and concern for public health.
Profile of Graduates:
Description of the profile of the Bachelor of Public Health, among others:
- Comunicators dan advocates;
- Managers and Administrators;
The complete profile of the Public Health Undergraduate Program graduates is:
A public health scholar who is able to conduct analytical studies, communicate effectively, have a systems thinking, and manage interventions to solve public health problems.
Based on analysis of needs, policies, benchmarks and professional organizations, also higher education institutions for public health, the formulation of learning outcomes for Public Health undergraduates is as follows:
- Able to plan and manage funding sources for primary health services;
- Able to analyze determinants of specific population health;
- Able to analyze public health issues by considering ethical, scientific, socio-cultural, and economic perspectives;
- Able to implement health policies and program planning operationally to support first-level public health services;
- Able to implement effective communications using various media to communicate the results of their work to the public and first-level public health service stakeholders;
- Able to apply education and community empowerment on health and community mobilization to identify and solve public health problems at the first level;
- Able to apply the principles of public health sciences in addressing health issues and be able to adapt to health science and technology development;
- Able to lead and have a systems thinking.
The curriculum of the FKMUI Public Health Undergraduate Program courses can be seen in the following chart:
ORGANIZATIONAL STRUCTURE OF THE PUBLIC HEALTH UNDERGRADUATE PROGRAM